Dating sites pitesti - Sibiu - Wikipedia


In 1543, the Báthory family took possession of the citadel, proceeding to divert the Somes' waters in order to defend the southern part of the fortress; thus, the fortress remained on an island linked to the main roads by three bridges over the Somes River. In 1562 the citadel was besieged by Ottoman armies. Later it was besieged by the Habsburgs and set on fire. The Austrian general Lazar Schwendi ordered the citadel to be rebuilt after the plans of Italian architect Ottavio Baldigara; using an Italian system of fortifications, the new structure would be pentagonal with five towers. During the Middle Ages, Satu Mare and Mintiu were two distinct entities, but between 1712 and 1715 the two gradually united under one administration. On 2 January 1721 Emperor Charles VI recognized the union, at the same time granting Satu Mare the status of free royal city.

There are barely any genuine traces from Mircea the Ancient’s time left at Cozia Monastery. The only items left from the time of the ruler – two bells – were taken one to the Bishopric of Ramnic and the other to the Bishopric of Arges. Mirceal cel Batran (Mircea the Ancient’s) epitaph was taken as well to the Art Museum in Bucharest and only a small piece of the ruler’s tomb remained at the Cozia Monastery. Further more, the cross pattern that even today stands on the monastery tower dates from Mircea the Ancient’s time.


Dating sites pitesti

Dating sites pitesti